08-03-2021, 09:00 PM   #12
anodyne88
Go White Sox!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
The GT500 is still a Hertz rental car on the inside, with cheap cheap cheap plastic and it's a Ford. One of my big gripes with Ford is aside from the lousy paint, they use different fasteners for everything, so you're going from 15mm to 17mm to 3/4" SAE for the same job. The Camaro is a tomb inside, dark and claustrophobic and has the build quality of a Chevrolet. I haven't driven one, but I'd guess that the ZL1 although a monster on the track, is likely difficult to live with on the street.

And hey, this is a BMW forum after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
The GT500 is still a Hertz rental car on the inside, with cheap cheap cheap plastic and it's a Ford. One of my big gripes with Ford is aside from the lousy paint, they use different fasteners for everything, so you're going from 15mm to 17mm to 3/4" SAE for the same job. The Camaro is a tomb inside, dark and claustrophobic and has the build quality of a Chevrolet. I haven't driven one, but I'd guess that the ZL1 although a monster on the track, is likely difficult to live with on the street.

And hey, this is a BMW forum after all.
I have a ZL1 and it is indeed a monster on the track and hard to live with as a daily. Hence trading it in for an M3 non-competition. Can't live without a stick.
Appreciate 0