View Single Post
      07-28-2021, 03:25 AM   #3
photorph
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 comp, LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
ZL1 doesn't "walk all over" the G8x. In fact, they're evenly matched 6MT to 6MT. See video:

https://streamable.com/gpsmg0

That's the base, not the more torquey Comp.

Based on this, the GT500 is faster, but not by a significant margin. Again, not "walking all over" anything.

The G8x offers a complete and premium experience while performing just as well as those cars. It's basically a high-end BMW ZL1 with proper visibility, and now with AWD. As mentioned, you lose the great exhaust sound.

Beyond sound, not sure how you quantify "boring". All three will apply similar G forces to your body while accelerating, braking, and cornering. The G8x has very direct steering and corners flat (again, similar to a ZL1).

I think it'll be obvious which one works for you after driving them.
I have the M2 comp currently. I drove ZL1 a lot, it's leagues above m2 comp performance wise.I'm thinking it's above G80 comp awd even, rwd no comp isn't even a comparison. Remember the ZL1 has 650 hp and 650 torque on a car that weighs the same about. It has a nurburg time of 7:16, that's faster than any BMW car ever. It's faster than the ferrari Enzo and some of porsche GT3 cars. I don't think the M3/M4 bmw stand a chance.

I know the M3/M4 are more premium and have better build quality. I'm just trying to see if anyone tried both and picked the bmw M over the GT 500 and ZL1. Driving the latter two is more of an experience, vs I imagine driving the M3/M4 to be like driving a really fast daily driver w/o a lot of drama.
Appreciate 0