Thread: M3/M4 vs 911
View Single Post
      01-26-2021, 11:31 AM   #37
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

I'm also planning on getting a new car this spring/summer after more than 5 years with the F80.

There are not too many alternatives that I really like and that suit me. Basically, the only options I'm considering right now are the G80 or the 992 (Carrera S or 4S).

I've always appreciated Porsche but was never really a Porsche guy and had never specifically looked into buying one.

What is currently holding me back at least a little (apart from the higher price of course, though the price of a new G80 here in Switzerland is also very high):

- It's basically a 2-seater (it would be my only car, but I don't have kids)
- Luggage space is significantly smaller
- I would miss the iDrive, the Porsche system is rather average in comparison and reduced only to touchscreen operation, which I do not like
- The interior of the 992 is okay and of high quality, but maybe a bit "boring", the interior of the G80 on the other hand looks really good IMO and is a big step forward compared to the predecessor

On the other hand, the driving experience, the steering, the rear engine experience, the design, etc. are really tempting me.

Regarding the G80, there are several things I don't like. It's not even the grille, but rather things like the higher weight, but also those stupid black side skirts (and on the sides of the front bumper), the Fast and the Furious rear diffuser, only dark wheels options, etc. All of that looks so aftermarket and kinda cheap to me. Although it could be a good looking car.

I'm leaning towards the 992, but won't be an easy decision.
Appreciate 2
Dr.Deep1827.00
CityLife197.50