View Single Post
      10-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #14
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

After owning two F82 and then the G82, I wound up with an F80 after about two months of ownership and I haven't missed the G82 a single day.

The only thing I liked about the G82 were the carbon seats. Yes it was faster, but it was nowhere near as fun to drive as the F82 to me. I couldn't get past the looks, and absolutely nobody cared about the car. I was a rockstar in my modded YMB F82 Comp, constant waves, honks, pointing, people asking me about the car, etc. Only younger people even gave the G82 a second look, I was completely invisible in the G82 which I didn't like as I enjoy using cars as a conversation piece with random people. The car had ZERO road presence, it looks nothing like a hunkered down F8x bulldog.

Not saying it wasn't a good car, it was, but the F8x to me personally is the far more fun and better looking vehicle. Back in an F80 now, and once again feedback from people is incredible. I get more "nice car" and assorted compliments on the F80 in one day than two entire months with the G82. With KW V3s installed as well, it's just a little go kart and I love it. I also don't get all the comments about the G82 having a far superior interior. Outside the carbon seats, I prefer the interior of the F8x. I hate digital gauges too, give me the F8x dials all day long. I also really hated looking at the mirrors while driving the G82. Coming from the F8x with their gorgeous side mirrors which are just perfection, the mirrors on the G82 reminded me of something from a big diesel truck. They're just terrible, and it would be nice if a company like Vorsteiner or the like made replacements which more resemble those from the F8x and not some blocky things that look like a tacked on afterthought.

The one big plus for the G82 outside the extra power is the grip. The car grips like a monster, coming from the F8x cars that's the very first thing you'll notice while driving in anger. But again, personally I didn't like that. I like a car that is rough in comparison, and again to me the F8x is just more fun. The G82 is a computer, a faster, better, more capable driving car. To me however the fun is lost, and the looks......well never mind hah.
Attached Images

Last edited by NickyC; 10-15-2021 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 7
///AVM2529.50
Mavus2037.00
BBm310.50
Scorp!on1514.50
RickMonet176.50