View Single Post
      10-14-2021, 11:39 PM   #3
TWO-BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
The tech and interior quality is night and day different between the 2. If you get in a G82 and then go to the F82 it feels like you stepped back into the 80's.

I prefer the ZF over the DCT. There is no bucking at low speeds when you try and accelerate and as a daily driver I much prefer an automatic. The auto hold button is also very handy for being stopped at lights.

You can make your own decisions on the design/appearance. I very much miss the power dome hood to give the car a more aggressive stance. As much as the grilles are not the design I'd have picked they do look much better in person. I like the wheel options much better on the G82.

They both drive great. Both stiff and sporty with plenty of acceleration. I do think the G82 sounds better in sports mode.
Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. And thank you also, as I had hoped to keep commentary on appearance out of this discussion. In the end, I care about the quality of the car, and how it drives and performs.

I echo your thoughts concerning the transmission. I had not previously realized that they had switched out the DCT automatic for the ZF.
Appreciate 0