View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 11:49 AM   #83
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
I've read that before but I don't really understand how. If the piggyback has been removed, then they would have to see the car's log for max HP and torque right? But how can they prove that the car didn't make its own mistake and allow that boost? Seems like a lot of work for them considering that even if it was tuned, they would have to prove that the tune itself caused the malfunction.

Even so, this is a good reason why the extended warranty that's offered is a good idea. It actually is underwritten by a 3rd party and is only used if BMW denies the first claim. They don't have access to BMW's computers so they wouldn't be able to pull those logs. At least, this is what a BMW financing guy told me
Don't listen to the finance guy!! LOL. That dude will say anything This topic has been talked to death. If you tune your car and the headlights for example act up, you are all good. You blow the tranny, any of the parts in the rear, or engine, your fucked!!!! Your finance buddy or even the serv manager are not going to do shit! BMW is not going to pay 17,000 or more without digging up to find out what you did to the car. It's all THERE. No such thing as a undetectable tune anymore. MYTH. I say 17 G's cause that's what my F82 cost to fix. SCH If you want to tune, by all means do it!!! I would. But don't be pissing and whining on the forums IF something goes wrong
Appreciate 0