View Single Post
      04-08-2021, 03:47 AM   #27
BrooklynGreyM3
///MFlight Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3CX G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Yes, it's certainly the case. It's really one of my biggest gripes with the newer M cars as I prefer the sport HUD, especially since has the nav integrated now.

This mode is also tied to turning off some nannies such as the lane keep /steering assist which has it's own set of pluses/minuses. I didn't have to worry about steering assist in the F80, but I have always set M2 to be my more aggressive mode like many. I always joke that a high HP car with good brakes and suspension is a necessity for safety purposes when driving on open/public roads, but I do really feel some legitimacy behind that. It was nice to know I could double tap M2 and avoid certain situations without looking down. Now, if I'm not already in sport mode through the M mode button and need to drive defensively, I have to fight the steering assist if that means I'm going over a solid line to avoid something. It's not horrible, but it's an added variable that could be catastrophic if unexpected.
Yeap, I hear you. When I'm not driving in M1 or M2 mode, I just hit that safety car button (the green circle around it) one time and it turns redish-orange and it disables the lane assist but keeps everything else on. I don't like that lane assist either.
Appreciate 0