SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
@Vic55 you think I'm missing out on having only RWD? Living in Southern NH, I have to be honest that just rocking the stock 825m wheels with sottozero 3 tires, I've had no issues in the snow…whatsoever….I'm just worried as tunes come out that I'll be missing out.

I think the only thing I've avoided thus far is being out when I know we are getting a bunch of snow due to grown clearance, but other than that, I've had nothing but love for my RWD comp…just can't help but wonder if I should consider doing what you did and order a AWD and trade the RWD, since I didn't get the RWD for the manual; just because I wanted this car as soon as it came out.

Welcome your thoughts and anyone else's.
I have posted my thoughts in a few threads since Sept when I got the X--- Here is a quick summary based on my ownership via regular roads in a very very good climate locale.

1. RWD is just fine in non inclement weather states
2. If you are into digs and quick rips without wanting a single worry- then the X is the way
3. rolling races that are not premediated would not benefit the rwd as its just too close with the 100kg gain in weight and ever so slight loss in axle drap. Its just not material.
4. The X is 100% the car to get if you are modding with tunes, fuel, and hardware.

I personally had zero issues with the RWD where I live and would have kept it happily if I didnt get the allocation at msrp with AR car. But in NH you would probably be better with the X as the tires dont warm up and your weather is different. The RWD is so great though and BMW did an incredible job with it out of the box. I do feel they upped the game with the X though and real wheel bias while maintaining that great steering feel and chassis compression and rebound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
funny you compared the R8 V10 because my brother in law just bought one literally 2 days ago and he took me for a ride yesterday and did a couple of pulls. It sounds awesome with an aftermarket exhaust but from a "feeling" standpoint it didn't feel that fast even with me sitting in the passenger seat. I don't know if it's because it's just way too refined or maybe I had higher expectations or maybe I got used to turbo torque which feels like a kick in the gutts?

Sick car for sure but I think I lost my love for high revving engines after owning a couple of turbocharged cars.
Does he have the 600 hp car or the non Performance. The V10 will never feel like a tq beast because it doesnt have that type of engine. The tq curve which creates that feel is not flat like the G80 or my F93. Its truly a 5k rpm engine and above and I rip that fucker anytime I can. I did the Quicksilver exhaust and its that much better. Its not a daily driver though and misses the extra tech that other cars have like my G80 and dare i say- the Tesla Plaid (yeah I got one).

Owning one of the last 600 plus hp normally aspirated engines is a pleasure.
You need to send the Audi to Underground Perf for some Turbo action my friend😳. Just saying
Appreciate 0