04-17-2024, 07:40 PM   #12
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
He says he applied brake clean and no change. I just did a search and found quite a few complaints about their e line rotors. Geomet apparently are far superior. One thing I noticed with the e line is the rotor pad radial depth is longer than the actual pad radial depth which leaves what appears to be an unswept area of the rotor. For the e line this starts to rust immediately and continues to rust because the pad is not deep enough to reach the rotor IR. Geomet rotors have a double step from the mounting hat to the rotor surface and, therefore, the pad and rotor radial depths are the same so no rusty unswept area around the rotor IR.
Ah well to late now, did the rears before winter already. The conclusions of my searches were that they were a pretty good bang for buck aftermarket choice. I'm not rich enough to chase perfection . Andddd Rockauto didn't carry those either so didn't even have the option although I did look at them back then.

But about the rusting, the whole rotor is coated, so the unswept portion just stays coated. Granted I know the zinc coating will most likely not last the life of the rotor but like for now and a salty Canadian winter, the rears still look fine.
Appreciate 0