View Single Post
      01-07-2022, 12:06 PM   #15
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
Another question about Fiona (my order will have the standard seats)….should I worry about the red fading or wearing over time? I've never had a car with bright leather like that, and, I'm just curious if I will see fading or wearing of the red "coloring" 5-6 years later? Will the red coating come off over years of use (and years of cleaning)?
I had red on my e46 M3. No issues with fading after a few years. Also, you can get interiors ceramic coated now, I believe, and that might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
On another note, thank you OP for this thread. I was not aware at all that Fiona Buckets are missing the alcantara. This blows major
NP! I'm glad I did. I love the red...it would look best with dravit IMO, but I really want that premium feel of the alcantara. Oh well....silverstone it probably will be for me. I really don't understand why BMW does things like this. they should just offer all the color the same configuration. Would have loved to have been able to get carbon buckets in Tartufo. Thanks to everyone who contributed here.