Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
I suppose with as compact as everything is down there, that was the easiest option to change to make room. Can you imagine the reactions to the engineer who had to propose that idea?

In a case like this I think every business takes the decision based on the same parameters:
least cost option

So yes as you say it, it was the easiest way to make room otherwise they would have had to rearrange too much.

too bad....by the way, they didn't produce the M3 anymore in EU because it was not worth to adapt it, the M4 on the other hand was worth it because of the sales number and fitted it with the OPF.
I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm a skeptic. The EOP for the F80 was known before the first one was even built. And it was known that the F82/83 would continue production for at least an additional year from F80 EOP. Same thing happened with the E90 vs E92/93 as well.

Also, AFAIK, the F80 m3 sold in EUR did indeed transition to a non-CF driveshaft and added the OPF for a few months right before F80 EOP.
The U.S. transitioned to a steel driveshaft as well.
See, I've heard that too, but to this day I do not believe we've ever seen a USDM F80 that was actually delivered with the steel driveshaft.

Happy to be proven wrong, I just must have missed it if that's the case.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0