View Single Post
      11-22-2021, 11:34 AM   #17
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Small update.

Put my car on the lift today. Really easy to get the stock mid pipe off. The previous muffler shop had already cut the stock exhaust. It was asymmetrical though. Took just a few minutes with an impact gun.

Took the front end of the valvetronic midpipe. As soon as I connected the mid pipe with downpipes, the gear box was in the way. The side extension for the bolt was not aligned. See first video.

Both the downpipes would not sit flush with the midpipe. Tried to screw them tight, rotating between the screw so they are evenly tightened. There was a point beyond which, the bolts would start to slide no matter how hard I tried. Got the car down and started it. Clear leak from both connections. See second video.

I couldn't get the midpipe to be straight and aligned as in some other videos. You can hear the exhaust leak.

Sorry the videos are not oriented properly.

The fact that the bolts are almost completely tightened gives me confidence that all hope is not lost.

For my European friends who are thinking of installing this or other US spec mid pipes, check the pictures below for the bung/connection you would need welded into your midpipe so you can connect the opf sensors. The external thread size is M14X1.5.

I guess I am just unlucky my midpipe has fitment issues.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0