View Single Post
      01-18-2022, 08:24 PM   #17
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by austrum View Post
My sales guy just notified me that despite my car being on a boat and not currently having any stop sales, PCD cannot be scheduled until my car has cleared VPC. Apparently that's new to him, and from a quick scan of the forum I didn't see this being discussed.

Has anyone recently scheduled PCD given this new process, and what was the earliest date offered? I'm on the Olympian Highway scheduled to arrive in Charleston on 1/24, was hoping to do late Feb but now I'm wondering if scheduling could be a holdup, stop sales notwithstanding.
Yes, this is the way it works these days. (I took PCD early last month.)

In addition to missing components which might cause a stop sale, there could be shipping damage which needs repaired at the VPC. A fellow forum member had an M3 share the same journey as my M4, right through resolving the RAM stop sale -- only to have to have his rear bumper cover replaced. Needless to say, that pushed back availability of his car by 3-4 weeks.

PCD lead time is about 3-4 weeks, once it clears the VPC. You might luck into filling an earlier slot if someone else cancels their delivery (it happens). My dealership (who arranges a lot of PCDs) pulled out all the stops in my circumstances, and got me scheduled 2.5 weeks after my car was cleared for delivery. Otherwise, given the holidays and delivery backlog, it would have been at least a month later (6-7 weeks).
Appreciate 0