Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3coco View Post
Hey guys! Just have a few quick questions, thanks!

Which adapter works best with bimmercode... I lost mine and forget which one it was.

Can you code the auto stop feature off, or a setting?

Can you keep the exhaust valves open all the time or do I still have to pull the fuse?

Any optimal equalizer settings for the sound system?

Are there any limiters until my break in service?

If you guys got the wheel and tire protection, what did you pay?

Thanks so much!
Congrats!

For Bimmercode get an ENET cable and an Ethernet cable adapter for your phone. So much quicker than using a BT adapter. Here is the ENET cable I have:

OHP ENET OBD Cable for BMW ICOM E-SYS ISTA | Bootmod3 Bimmercode OBD2 | Coding F-Series | 5 Feet https://a.co/d/5DpJKyj

You can code ASS off, however, the car remembers the last setting so there isn't really a need for this.

You can only keep the exhausts valves open at all times by either buying a valve controller from VSC2, Dahler, and a few others, or you can wire it so the valves stays open all the time. There are some threads on this in the exhaust section of the forums.

Limegrntaln posted a good video for the equalizer settings.

Read the manual for the break-in recommendations as there are recommendations for various parts of the car, i.e. tires, trans, engine, etc. However, there are no true limits set upon it from the factor. You can go out and perform launch control right now if you'd like.

I didn't get the wheel and tire protection this time around. I've gotten them in the past and it only came in handy once over the year.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0