View Single Post
      08-13-2022, 07:42 AM   #6
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Auto stop/start remembers its last setting on my car (BMW has gone back and forth on this over the years and models), so it's never on. It is also a setting you can choose for your M buttons.

There aren't any actual "during break-in" limiters, but the manual does suggest keeping it below 5500 RPM's (or some such) and 100-ish MPH, along with varying your RPM's as much as possible during the break-in period. The value of following the break-in rules is debated in 90 million threads all over this board.

I bought wheel/tire protection once, on my first new BMW years ago, and never used it. I could buy about 15 wheels for what it would have cost on all my (and my partner's) cars. Insurance products make money because they cost more than they pay out overall. Some individuals do get their money's worth, though.

The video pasted above is a good start on EQ settings, but your personal music tastes dictate what you might need out of a flawed car system (pretty much all car systems are flawed...cars are terrible music rooms). Don't be afraid of giving your rear speakers a bit more power, it can even out the sound stage in our compromised environments a bit and reduce the effect of the silly center speaker.

Bimmercode actually works best with an ENet cable and a RJ-45 adapter for your device (phone or laptop). Otherwise, there's a good adapter list on their site:
https://bimmercode.app/adapters/

Also - congrats on your car!
Appreciate 0