Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunky_monkey View Post
I'm also surprised they're taking this long to break cover. I saw one driving on the road the other day, which I'm assuming is the local dealers. Historically by this stage you'd see some reviews, but I guess it's a bit different now.
If this was one year ago, you could've said COVID, but I don't even know what the COVID situation is like in regards to giving out test mules for review. Wonder if the cars need to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before each journalist outlet?
Sure COVID is impacting the whole thing...I mean, we have winter, so usually journalists are invited to warmer places like spain, portugal, south africa...
Now because there are quite some restrictions travelling to these countries, this is probably no option. So let them drive in germany and so on...well, bad conditions, winter tires, so again complains...

I'm sure we would have seen some reviews already if there was no Covid impact, but as it is, probably everything takes a bit longer until all journalists have had their chance to do reviews, before embargo is lifted...

And about sanitizing, sure they have to. Even my local dealer has to clean the car completely only after movement of car for service things...I even was alone testdriving the M4C beginning of January and they cleaned the car before I sat inside and after I finished the drive. Each cleanup took around 20min...they sanitized the whole interior, seats, steering, displays, everything...
Appreciate 0