Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M3 & MSport 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall@ViscontiTuning View Post
The unlock / cloning service is $4,195. This includes us supplying an ECU. If youre able to supply a usable, unlocked ECU, we can issue you a credit.

Ecutek is $875

Custom Flex Fuel Tuning is $1000 or Custom Pump Gas is $800

Flex Fuel Kit is $650
Marshall,

Thank you for the quick response. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your R&D. I feel you guys are heading in the right direction. However, at this point, unlocking fees seem to be bit steep for me, personally. But I understand and won't be too critical of your pricing.

I do have a little marital humor to share, though.
This is how the conversation would ensue with the Commander in Chief (CINC):

CINC: "What's the $875 for?"
Me: "For the Ecutek unit, just like the Accessport in the GTR"
CINC: "huh, OK"

CINC: "What's the $650 for?"
Me: "The Visconti Flex Fuel Kit, like the one you helped me intalled in Godzilla"
CINC: "huh, cool"

CINC: "Ok, so let me guess. The $1000 is for the e-tuning, like you did with Tim Bailey"
Me: "Yup"

CINC: "How about this $4,195"
Me: "Well, you see, unlike the Nissan ECU, with BMW you have to pay to unlock it"
CINC: "WTF!!!"
Me:

The $4195 is including a ECU that's very hard to come by.

If anyone doesn't want to do the cloned route we can tune the original computer - but ecutek, MHD, bm3 don't support this. So no on-the-fly map switching, no real flex fuel , no adjustable burble, no phone flashing, no advanced data logging etc.

Using the original computer is $3500 tuned. You'll need a windows laptop for this process. We can still remote tune and remote update.

John
Appreciate 1
GixY2K517.00