View Single Post
      03-26-2022, 06:40 PM   #61
ibmc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp G82 RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3EEE View Post
Like most people in here I am not pleased with the sound quality of the HK system in the 2022 g80 and have come across a few options here:

1) bimmer-tech:

AMP:
Kies Motorsport posted an inspiring video with install instructions for bimmer-tech's amp. Has anyone installed this? Is there a noticeable improvement? Issues post installation? Also, I couldn't see the amp as an option available for my vin but I am understanding that it's available for the g20 and since it's the same as the g80 shouldn't be any problem.

Speakers:
They also have speakers (it's the only thing that had displayed as items available for my vin on their site). I'm hearing that changing the speakers may not be the way to go. Any advice or opinions about speakers?

2) bavasound:

AMP:
This site was user friendly and helpful with showing what id available on their product line. AMP is first thing that's recommended.

Speakers:
They also have a stage 1 speaker upgrade and I am unsure about how much better they are than stock speakers.

Ghost subwoofer:
I remember seeing this ad on instagram and intrigued. Anyone install these? Feedback and advice are greatly appreciated!

3) BimmerCode settings:
Seems like there are some preset sound settings in BimmerCode that allow for sound improvement. I haven't even used BimmerCode yet and will likely purchase the OBD connector so I can start with a cheaper upgrade while considering the other options.

Also, anyone use the bimmer code settings with any of the first two upgrades or anything that would be similar or comparable?

I listen to a lot of music and had a Mark Levinson in my Lexus which has the bass but also isn't best (noticeably better than the HK system however).

I had a 2018 M4 comp and simply put a 400W Class D Rockford Fosgate mono amp under the rear panel, and added my home built, ported and carpeted 10" Boston Acoustics LF10 Pro sub. This added good bass but did take up a bit of trunk space. I did not buy this car for the stereo, but plan on putting that same gear in my 2022 BSM M4 Comp when it arrives in May (currently its on the Harmony Leader headed to Bremerhaven). I have home stereo in 4 rooms, and my main setup includes a PrimaLuna EVO 400 tube amp and (perfect condition) 2006 Klipsch La Scala II's with a HSU 15' sub. So when I want good music, I have it on tap without the road noise. Very interesting to hear all the mods available though. Keep on rockin'
Appreciate 1
BardG212.50