BSMG82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Nice setup, but one thing that should be corrected is that downpipe… the second turbo pipe should be piped into the main one at a 45° minimum and not just 90° straight in. 🤦*♂️ Seems like a novice mistake to make. Actually a more ideal design would be to bring both into a smooth Y and pipe into one.

Take a look at a Tomei R34 downpipe to get an idea of how a proper straight 6 (non sequential) twins downpipe should be for most efficient flow and power.
Looked at the Tomei, a couple of thoughts:
  • First of all it’s on a GTR Skyline so way different configuration and spacing
  • Second it looks like it’s catted farther down than the Active Autowerke’s pipes so you have more room to ameuver since it’s not in the engine bay
  • Third I don’t see where it’s used in the G8x platform
  • Fourth, I wish I could have gone catless, but I’m in New Jersey and that’s just too much of a headache for me and the shop to circumvent emissions

I will be in the shop adding a few upgrades so we will take a look to see if a 45 degree angle is possible. We have scanners since I own a mechanical contracting business and can run the models. I agree decreasing static presssure on airflow is the way to go but without reconfiguring everything sometimes that’s not possible. Again, thanks for the suggestions.
Appreciate 0