View Single Post
      09-29-2023, 06:19 PM   #35
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
I know I'm late on the update but Fedex held 1 rim for 5 days. I did have 2 tires mounted this morning in order to check fitment. So far, the rear looks good at 11et which is the rim offset, so it's the max offset I can get. The SC3Rs do protrude slightly at 2 degrees of camber but should clear when compressed (will test soon). On that note, the SC3Rs are very wide - I have a mounted 305 PSC2 and will measure the difference but it's significant. I tried to mount the front at 11et (no spacers) and the bulbous sidewall of the SC3R just contacts the strut body. Min spacer I have on hand is 10MM so I did a short drive with it but it is clear that when compressed the tire could contact the fender.

I just ordered 3MM and 5MM spacers to see which works best and should get tomorrow (thanks tom @ eas) . I did a full lock to lock test driving slowly and the rearward side of the tire just brushes the liner. The smaller spacer will help but intend to deform it in with a heat gun to give a bit more room. As for the front liner, I already have some minor trimming, 3 of the louvers in the middle of the outboard vent were removed and small trimming of the outer rib. It did not seem to rub but plan to trim or deform that area to get more room. The front camber is at 3 degrees but will likely add .5 - same with the rear, to be at 3.5/2.5

Rims are 19x11 11et with SC3R 305/30. It really is pushing, and possibly exceeding, what is advisable but I won't know until I drive it hard - possibly Sunday

Preview pic is with 10mm spacer - hoping 3mm will work and should know tomorrow if UPS doesn't disappoint.
Attached Images