Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinesWithSouls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lch6257 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinesWithSouls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lch6257 View Post
I am skeptical on this, I have run mine way past 5500 several times cause in the moment and stuff....only a couple times though and trying to be good now, but if it actually is only revving to 5500, holy cow is this thing gonna pull hard after break in....I guess I will do an intentional pull above 5500 and see if I can tell.

Asked my CA at my dealership about it, he is not sure , but gonna ask a tech.
3 years from now on Bimmerpost front page...

"S58 shows abnormal bearing/crank hub wear"
Not from break in revs if the crank hub were to be an issue on G80. A couple of times is fine, your just not supposed to beat on it until break in. I have had three BMW cars and 5 of there motorcycles over the years. Pulled each of them hard couple times before break in svc and never an issue. In fact, traded my 2007 R1200GS in to dealership with 42k on the odometer in great condition for a new 1200XR and got 45% of original cost on trade.
Bike motors are very different.

People that leased an E92 didn't care about the car at 42,000 miles. And BMW certainly doesn't give you the 1200 service from the goodness of their hearts. So it needs it.
What car at 42k? An R1200GS is two wheels. As long as you get the oil temp up and properly warm a BMW up, old or new, it will be fine with a few hard pulls even a couple during break in. German cars are made for high tolerances, but like any maker can fail. The break in svc is very important on their bikes and of course cars as the fluid changes are done to flush out any fine metal shavings that "may" happen on a new motor by any maker. The reason they want you to not rev a new engine out is because the fine particles can cause engine damage or wear if they were circulating at high rpm(greater risk of damage). However, they very rarely find anything when fluids are dumped. It's mainly precautionary. So, sure there is a risk, even at low rpm which goes up at higher rpm.

I buy them to keep em, don't do leases.
Appreciate 2
manuelf352.00
2011ninja3405.00