View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 12:26 PM   #10
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

We have a decent size home and I'm torn when I look at the pros and cons.

Home: (Pre-Covid) we could never get projects completed because we traveled a lot and were rarely home. During Covid we're still gone a lot but it's on the river more. We say oh we're booked the next 2 weekends but the following we will stay home. Someone calls and then boom that third weekend that was to do house work is gone. I love having a pool in my backyard and we have 2 guest bedrooms and have friends come stay with us quite a bit. I don't love the upkeep of a house as my husband works a lot so I end up doing the random shit like cleaning the exterior windows, etc. I do a good inside cleaning every week but there are times where I feel like it's pointless because I'm cleaning clean areas.

Loft (if we lived in one): could walk to a lot of restaurants and bars (at least where ours are located). I love the look of exposed bricks, high ceilings, exposed air ducts, and tall windows. I wouldn't want a shared wall unless I could soundproof. I would miss having a pool in my backyard but having a community one would be a plus. It would be nice to come home and not worry about the list of things I need to do that's in the back of my head making me feel guilty while I try to relax.

I don't mind housework but it's the last thing I really want to do on my weekends off. Houses aren't constant maintenance but with how busy we are it's a nuisance. I think it boils down to your lifestyle and what fits best for y'all.
Appreciate 2
baege1334.00
Lups11827.50