View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 10:55 AM   #76
RUNSOK
Private
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 COMP XDRIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I've run various. Nitto NT01, Yoko 052, Toyo R888, slicks of various denominations. I run the advanced or instructor groups, the pace is fairly high and these are fast/heavy cars, tires do heat up quickly. The OP's car is very fast, so if he is a decent hand behind the wheel...

I think I'd still recommend a difference of 6PSI to begin with even in the Intermediate group. See where that takes you, and adjust accordingly. Since it isn't a race, if something feels off, you can pull into the hot pits and adjust mid-session if needed.

You need to experiment and understand how precise the onboard TPMS is, if you are using it for monitoring (I use it but mine typically shows about 0.5-1PSI low on the track setup).

Naturally you need to know what hot pressures to aim for, and that is tire-dependent (follow the tire manufacturer recommendations).

Many tires start to get greasy once they go past the recommended hot pressures and/or temps. Once the pressure/temp shoots up past the recommended values, it is very hard to bring back down while lapping. Managing that aspect basically lets you either enjoy the full 30 min session, or just a peak of 2-3 laps.
Thanks for the info. I am aware of cooking the tires when you get passed the recommended pressures and temp. I am on stock oem michelin stars on a completely stock car g82x. If I am looking for a 6psi gap between cold and hot pressures do you know what hot pressure I should shoot for the michelins?? I have been on track many times on formula cars in scca and road bikes as well. Just want to know what is a good hot pressure/temp for the oem michelins these cars come with. Thanks.
Appreciate 0