11-07-2021, 08:38 PM   #7
3PedalJake
Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I'm not saying that at all, and I'm mostly only passionate about not falling for propaganda. If you're replacing a SAD diet with vegan your health will improve no doubt about it so if you can do it and are motivated to do it then yes there's value to it, it's just not ideal IMO. It has to be much more specific than just "plant based" to know if it's healthy or not. Just like "keto" is not specific enough, you can do it well or very poorly and still be under the generic term umbrella. Doritos and marshmallows are plant based, and you can do keto on hot dogs and the patty from quarter pounders with cheese, both obviously unhealthy tho. As I said, I believe you can do a healthy version of vegan, but it will handicap you in that it takes a lot of effort to get the required amounts of proteins and vitamins and minerals. Far easier to do what your grandparents and all previous generations knew without any "science" to back them up, I.E. "Eat your meat and your veggies".

As far as what is or isn't healthy goes, as I mentioned in the other thread you have to get your insulin levels under control, that is the key to a efficient, flexible metabolism. This is possible as a vegan, but is much harder because by default you have a much harder time lowering carbs and in turn insulin simply for lack of alternatives.
Appreciate 1
chassis6560.00