Corms85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa77 View Post
Yeah, car dealers in general are a sketchy breed.

I picked mine up from Chapman on camelback. Plenty of the guys there failed the vibe test too so don't take that as any kind of endorsement, but it just happens that the guy I got in touch with (Steve Murphy) was incredibly chill and seemed almost indifferent.

Rather than putting on this pumped up bro façade, he just went through the numbers, he brought up the literal list of their orders and showed me where I was going to slot in. Told me it could be a week or a month, made no solid commitments because he couldn't be absolutely sure since that was the peak of the global parts shortages.

This was on June 4th, 4 days later I got 112 status. He was shocked it was so soon, but obviously I was cool with it.
Small world! I worked with Steve Murphy also over at Camelback

You can read about my experience with him / Camelback here:

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1834840

He was chill but turned out to be a sleaze. Glad you have an allocation at least. If you have any issues you can e-mail the GM (I forget his name) and he's super responsive and will help you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa77 View Post
Yeah, car dealers in general are a sketchy breed.

I picked mine up from Chapman on camelback. Plenty of the guys there failed the vibe test too so don't take that as any kind of endorsement, but it just happens that the guy I got in touch with (Steve Murphy) was incredibly chill and seemed almost indifferent.

Rather than putting on this pumped up bro façade, he just went through the numbers, he brought up the literal list of their orders and showed me where I was going to slot in. Told me it could be a week or a month, made no solid commitments because he couldn't be absolutely sure since that was the peak of the global parts shortages.

This was on June 4th, 4 days later I got 112 status. He was shocked it was so soon, but obviously I was cool with it.
Small world! I worked with Steve Murphy also over at Camelback

You can read about my experience with him / Camelback here:

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1834840

He was chill but turned out to be a sleaze. Glad you have an allocation at least. If you have any issues you can e-mail the GM (I forget his name) and he's super responsive and will help you

Yeah I was not a fan of trying to work with Chapman. The fact that they are taking deposits for a waitlist and not actual allocations is wrong. My understanding is they aren't supposed to that. Through my interactions with them it sounded like they had allocations and when push came to shove and I was ready to commit and asked if I would get a product number and what the build week would be they immediately back tracked and covered their tracks saying "oh we don't have one yet and this is the list to get one but we expect to get one for you in 2-4 weeks" I asked how many people were on the "waitlist" and there was 6 or 7 ahead. Immediately walked away from that and glad this was all done over the phone.

I like the fact that arrowhead only works with local AZ buyers for the M3 and M4's. My CA has been great and a no BS guy so far which I have appreciated.
Appreciate 0