03-21-2024, 08:11 PM   #9
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedyf16 View Post
So my '25 M4 "In Transit" appeared to have arrived in Halifax on March 18th aboard the Morning Celesta (the date the tracking changed to "In Transit" was right around when this ship was heading out).

However, I just learned that there has been a worker's strike at the Halifax autoport since early this year! Negotiations just broke down again and the government is even trying to put a ban on the hiring of replacement workers. It appears this is affecting the port-to-rail operations and that it shouldn't have prevented my car from being off-loaded from the ship (I hope...).

Anybody know how close this strike is to being over??

Also, my dealer said to expect 6-8 weeks average from Halifax to Calgary...I've only ever waited 10-14 days for that...maybe 6-8 weeks is the new normal??
My M3 was offloaded in Halifax on the 17th of February. Strike started on the 27th of February. My dealership received the vehicle in Winnipeg on the 12th of March! About one month from port to dealership with the strike ongoing - maybe one week of that was transit time via railcar.

CN Autoport have hired "scabs" to do the work while the union workers are striking so vehicles are moving. Hope your vehicle gets loaded by a scab before that bill is passed!
Appreciate 1