Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunnerable View Post
When the e46 came out, I absolutely loved it!

When the e9X came out, I thought it was almost perfect from a drivers perspective.. not beautiful but not bad either. Still loved it!

Then BMW started to drift. The F80 started to lose its ultimate driving machine roots. The weight and electric steering took a lot out of the M brand for me. There was a very Toyota like shift where the company seemed to be trying to cater to a broader audience and in doing so, dulled their best products.

This G80 is just.. it's trying too hard. Looks like the styling department from either Honda or Toyota has taken over. They nailed the M2.. then fired everyone? Wtf is going on with BMW anymore? They've just fallen off as the drivers focused luxury brand. I'm not feeling like a part of this anymore. I feel like BMW, at least the company I loved, died with the retirement of the e9X cars.

This sucks.
It’s interesting you’d say this, because the F80 is actually lighter than the E90, the first generation for M3 where that happened. I switched from the E90 to the F80 because I thought the F drove better, and knew it was going to be more fun at lower speeds as well.

But you are right, there has been a shift and this last car is completely off the mark as far as I’m concerned. Between the styling and the weight increase...
Yeah I hear you. But it still "felt" better behind the wheel to me. It's more the experience than the stats as far as I'm concerned. I felt the e9X M3 was an absolute drivers gem. I did not get that feeling with the G80.

Only Porsche offers premium driving enthusiast cars anymore. Well, them and soon Gordon Murray but that's a tad out of my budget.

Appreciate 0