View Single Post
      04-01-2021, 02:00 PM   #36
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Audi has kind of painted themselves in a corner with their big grille. There's really nowhere else to take the look and their new models look overly familiar to the old ones where you have to pay attention to fine details to distinguish a 7 year old Audi from a brand new one. I still think the RS4 above is pleasing to the eye but more in a familiar way than something new and fresh and as said above their interiors used to be the main selling point but half of their products have the outdated interior and the other half has the new dual LCD screens in the console that look okay but doesn't stand out like Audi interiors of the 2000 decade.

Audi's are well rounded vehicles but I find they lack the fun factor of their rivals. They are like the German Subaru in that they sell safe handling AWD vehicles that aren't going to get you into trouble but the built-in understeer won't get your pulse racing. Also has Audi ever made a truly reliable vehicle? I realize you don't buy German if you are looking for top reliability but BMW has made some pretty reliable vehicles of late and Audi has always had that pattern of falling apart after the warranty.
Appreciate 0