03-27-2024, 12:56 PM   #105
Diesel power
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 Q8 E-Tron 24 M3 CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Just a genuine observation.

Cybertruck conversations in real life can either invoke joy or negativity. It's very similar to how it is online. You either hear "they are so cool" or "What a POS" and "EVs are actually worse for the environment..."

I've noticed those who have achieved high levels of success in life tend to view the Cybertruck more positively. The're usually happier people in general who add positive energy to a room and are nice to be around.

The "it looks like shit and can't tow" people are generally miserable and are usually a few rungs lower on the ladder.
Are you saying that noone who has achieved success in life can look at the hilarious set of contradictions that is the Cyber Truck and have a negative opinion of it? The car exists as it is solely because Elon Musk and his ego said it must be so. There are so many questionable engineering decisions much less manufacturing processes that have gone into that vehicle that I think anyone who has the intellect to "achieve success" in life can also say it may not be the perfect vehicle.

Conversely, is it not possible that there are a great many people who have "Achieved Success" who are convinced that they are always right as evidenced by their "success"? Perhaps that mentality confirms that the greatness of the cyber truck is proof of their good taste?

Remember when the Cyber Truck was going to be faster than a Porsche, go farther than a Model S, Tow more than a Diesel Truck, and be under 50K? I do, and I think it's at least partly to blame for a lot of people's dim view of the car.
Appreciate 0