View Single Post
      04-30-2021, 11:40 AM   #513
Jacky Treehorn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerj100 View Post
I traded my F82 for an Alfa Giulia QV as well and had a similar experience. The chassis just feels way more alive than the F80/82 did, and it does so without feeling skittish at all. Also, in my 2+ years of ownership I've had zero unscheduled trips to the shop for repairs...knock on wood.

That said, the G80 is kinda calling my name...
I picked up a 2021 Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio and did some testing in the G80 before I decided on the Alfa.

My takeaways:

-G80 competition will ultimately edge out the QV as a track car, but only marginally.
-G80 is more tense and a bit harsher on the road.
-G80 has slightly better steering feel, but the QV is "faster" steering and feels lighter and more agile to me.
-G80 tech and interior is way ahead in modern touches
-G80 looks mean/agressive while the Alfa looks elegant and organic
-G80 sounds better than the F80, but the QV sings to me more and has more character (subjective)
-Chassis balance is amazing on both
-Braking is about even, BMW has better progressive braking feel while the QV is hard to modulate smoothly at first.

In the end I chose the QV over the G80 due to some intangible subjective things like styling, feel/emotion, and personal preferences. Both are amazing cars I think BMW did a seriously good job on the G80/82.
Appreciate 3