Quote:
Originally Posted by mat9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoday View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoday View Post
Thank you, I finally got mine dialed in, I think it sounds good now. I was trying to adjust the eq with the touchscreen while driving and I just couldn't get it right. So I used the idrive center console controller and that did the trick. The reason I mention this is because it sounds different while driving versus being parked. I guess it's the road noise which varies from different surfaces. Also, I turned off the audible tones, that occur when I use the touchscreen, the tones interrupt the music. And, I had to set the fader one notch to the rear. I'm used to more sound from the back of the car because my other car is a four-door with speakers in the font part of the rear doors. And finally, I noticed the sound quality varies depending on the radio station, it seems most stations use HD. But, HD signals fade in and out depending on the area I'm driving through. So, some stations sound really good and others not so much.
It probably sounds different while moving, because the car has BMW Active Sound Design, or Active Noise Cancellation. It only works above a certain speed, and turns off, if the windows are rolled down. Alot of people that install aftermarket stereo equipment, need to disable it, because its not designed to work with aftermarket amplification. This may be what youre noticing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
What does the automatic wash do to the paint?
Automatic washes, particularly touchless washes, dont have anything to agitate the paint, so, they resort to harsh chemicals, high in Alkiline, and surfactants, to strip dirt off of the paint. And brushes... Well., we all know what they do.
Yeah, I thought it had noise canceling also. And I think the HD plays a big part with the sound quality. I'm listening to an awesome channel right now, everything sounds great. But, some channels not so much. it's not a stereo it's the station.

BTW love the frozen colors.
ASD for sure doesn't help and it's easy enough to code out, I think it sounds a lot better without it in my f32 with HK. If you must EQ I'd also recommend keeping the frequency bands you want to keep high at 0db or 3db max, while lowering the other ones. That will help maintain distortion at its lowest.
Thanks for the info. I would like to try coding out the ASD. The noise canceling seems to cause a pressure affect on my ears. And maybe a couple other things like activating the rear fog lights. It's been raining here every day since I got my car. Because of this rain, I like using rear fog lights if I can (in daylight only). Especially while driving on the interstate, with the rain and mist kicking up off the road causing poor visibility, I think the fog lights help.
Appreciate 0