Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasya152 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
I had an M2 with the DCT and I miss it dearly. The M3 is quick but in lower gears near redline it has a noticeable delay in shifting manually even in S3. The ZF8 isn't as fast and never will beat the M-DCT. I'm okay with it but I miss the drama and speed of my DCT. Shift are still very quick they simply lack the same lightning speed

If you actually drive the car at the limit you'll miss the DCT. I wasn't bothered by the low speed jerks or how it would roll back, that made it more fun. I drove my M2 at the limit and loved how well the DCT was in manual mode. I can't speak fully to the ZF8 in that regard yet but while smoother it'll never be as fun.

End rant of me saying the same thing several ways

The revs hang/delay need redline with the ZF8 slowly kills me though. Maybe lol get past that
Amen. The Zf is a poser tranny for those that don't actually drive the cars properly. It took 15 min of driving it to realize it's fn shit compared to Dct, especially pushing it, unless you buy an M car to drive around in D mode. So sad that they got rid of it.
You're completely correct, I'm not sure why people think you're coming here to troll. It's a night and day difference between the DCT and ZF8. I would pay $5K more for the DCT if I could
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0