View Single Post
      10-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #14
RingRing
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 G82 6MT DG/KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Sounds more like you've made a decision and you're looking for someone here to agree with you so you feel more confident in your choice.

Sound-wise: I couldn't disagree more but for personal reasons. I had the option of purchasing a used F90 M5 a few days ago (and driving it immediately today) vs. a completely individualised M3 that I'm now waiting 4-6 months for (I'm a very impatient person too), and I opted for the G80 with little hesitation. I don't like V8's - I like screaming 6 cylinder engines. I didn't have much interest in the sound of the G80 until I heard a modified one:

I much prefer the howl and wailing of a turbo I6 than a turbo V8. I have yet to hear a BMW derived F/I V8 that sounds amazing. Looks are completely subjective too.. I personally would rather an 8 series over a 4 series, but I need 4 doors; so my choices were: new tailored to my desired G80 M3, used F90 M5, or M850i Gran Coupe - I chose the G80. Tough to beat a 6MT at the end of the day.

If you really don't like the sound of BMW's twin turbo 6 and don't like the styling of the M4.. then you already have your answer as to what to do.
Couldn't agree more.

I personal like the sound of this inline six. To me it has the same sound as some of the older BMW inline 6 and Jag 6's I hear at the vintage races. Just quieter of course.

I don't remember hearing that in the other BMW I6 engines over the last 20 years.

I too love a V8. Just the older NA ones.
Appreciate 0