View Single Post
      05-22-2021, 05:08 AM   #13
todd92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 ZHP, 19 X5 xDrive40i

I installed a TT on my 2019 the day it arrived on the transporter last week. There is no way for BMW to detect a piggyback tuner. None. The person that said this is either bluffing, or doesn't know the difference between a piggyback and a flash tune. I've flash tuned many cars, never had a problem, not concerned with warranty at all as I only ever do Stage 1.

Flash tune on new BMW's is a disaster. I had a BM3 tune on my 2019 330i, I loved it, but the first OTA software update cancelled the tune and bricked the ECU. PTF was able to remotely unbrick it (I don't know how I remained calm). For the ECU to be reflashed it had to be removed and bench unlocked. In addition, if another OTA update was permitted, it would be relocked. My understanding is the 2021's have new Bosch encryption and cannot be flash tuned at all. I gave up and sold it and after researching piggybacks bought a TT. It works fine, they work the same, just add boost, but the TT has standard Bluetooth functionality and a nice app. It's also the cheapest by a long shot.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13033.50