No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
I hear you. I live on the Orange County coast (Southern California). I work in LA. I don't always drive the M3 to work but sometimes I do. I definitely am not in the countryside… lol. Although, some open country roads in this beast sure would be nice! Tons of traffic where we live, unfortunately.

It's essentially 100% city driving I'd say. The uniden has gps and you can tag the false alerts so that it won't beep when something like a grocery store automatic door sets it off. It's been pretty quiet in my opinion during my first few months of use thus far. I just mute the false alarms I encounter, and the detector remembers those based on the gps.

It's definitely not fool proof. I like having it though. It's better than nothing.

I hope this helps… lmk if you have any other questions dude!
There should be no such thing as a false alert from an automatic door, in California. Everyone should be running their Radar Detector segmented.

There are settings that you need to program into the detector. K band, is what's used on the automatic doors, K-Band doesn't exist for police, in California, neither does X band or MRCD.

All of that should be turned off. Ka is the only band in California. And even that needs to be segmented, so the detector is only scanning specific bands, which makes the radar detector lock on quicker, because its not scanning the entire Ka range. With a properly segmented R7 I can pick up Ka 34.XXX upto 7 miles away.
I am definitely not a radar detector expert (clearly)- lol. I have only had one previously in my 2016 F80. This is my second one and first Uniden.

I will need to pick your brain on how to adjust these settings more. This is all very awesome info! I had heard that there may be some k band police activity… but if not, I'll gladly nix it. I still get it going off once in a while and it's always K band.

I relied on vortex radars website for the settings I'm currently using. Any link describing how I can segment the Ka? Maybe on vortex radars site… I'll have to look when I get some free time. Thank you for weighing in man! I appreciate it.
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13472.00
bmw noob1442.50