No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw noob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Hey man! I got this one. I would go with the R8. That's me, though. Check out VortexRadar.com for tons of info!
I think I have read every article and watched every video he does trying to decide. Haha. So far, the only firm thing I've decided is no v1g2 because I don't want to have to run an app all the time.

How "city" is it where you drive? I am pure city 75+% of the time. Worried about how well lockouts work, otherwise it will just beep nonstop.

Also, In south Florida they use laser when they do traps, so detector pretty much just detects a ticket anyway. Haha.
I hear you. I live on the Orange County coast (Southern California). I work in LA. I don't always drive the M3 to work but sometimes I do. I definitely am not in the countryside… lol. Although, some open country roads in this beast sure would be nice! Tons of traffic where we live, unfortunately.

It's essentially 100% city driving I'd say. The uniden has gps and you can tag the false alerts so that it won't beep when something like a grocery store automatic door sets it off. It's been pretty quiet in my opinion during my first few months of use thus far. I just mute the false alarms I encounter, and the detector remembers those based on the gps.

It's definitely not fool proof. I like having it though. It's better than nothing.

I hope this helps… lmk if you have any other questions dude!
Appreciate 0