View Single Post
      09-08-2021, 06:55 AM   #27
TheStanman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 992 C2S

Great review and really helpful for me. I have a somewhat similar background (F80, 991.1 C2S, Macan GTS) and currently have a 992 C2S.

I am considering moving to a cheaper car for a few years (fiance, wedding, house). Overall the G80 sounds much more appealing to me than F80, but had a couple questions.
  • Brake Fade - any issues with brake fade on sustained canyon driving? Brake fade was an issue on my F80.
  • Composure on Rough Roads - do you find suspension composure is improved over F80? Beyond daily comfort, my F80 was constantly unsettled by the rough roads I drive.
  • Overall Connectedness - My F80 felt numb and disconnected (brakes were most communicative input). Sounds like same story with steering here. Other than steering, do you find this is improved?
  • ZF Feel - I know you're pleased with ZF shift speed. What about the feel? I hate slushbox feel of all torque converter autos I've driven, including recent BMW ZF.

Not trying to sound like a BMW hater, just my honest feelings after moving to Porsche. I still appreciate what BMW offers for the price point and think G80 seems great.

Other cars I'm considering are Lotus Emira and potentially CT5 Blackwing. Thanks again for the great review!
Appreciate 1
PLife647.50