Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzbimmer View Post
One of the reasons I am hesitant to go with the high end ceramic coating is my understanding that you are not supposed to apply them when it is freezing cold (as it is now in the northeast). I'm a bit concerned with ending up with hazing or high spots.

Sounds like Soft 99 Fusso is actually a fluoropolymer (synthetic sealant) rather than a wax, like many other brands they just call it a "wax". I may try that next if the spray on ceramic coating options don't go as well. I figure if I use a spray on ceramic now, and I feel adventurous I can switch to the higher end ceramics you mentioned next year.
Yes, its a whole other ball game in freezing temps. And some people that want to apply ceramics in a cold environment, want to get one of those jet heaters to heat up the garage or building, to warm the room up. But the kerosene that emits from it, gets teh fumes in the coating and makes it act funny.

Appreciate 1
amzbimmer299.50