View Single Post
      11-29-2021, 05:52 AM   #6
amzbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 comp San Marino Status 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
For cheap, yet effecting ceramic coatings, I would look at carpro c quartz UK 3.0 or GTechniq CSL (Crystal Serum Light). I would check out some YouTube videos on those. But if you want something easy that just offers unbeatable longevity for a wax, I would go with Soft 99 Fusso Coat (Dark or Black for darker cars. It also comes in a white can for lighter cars). This stuff will bead like a ceramic coating, for over a year, and out last some of the cheaper ceramic coatings, if you can believe that. The can pictured, is the older formulation, which some people this is better than the new formulation. I would try to find this version.
One of the reasons I am hesitant to go with the high end ceramic coating is my understanding that you are not supposed to apply them when it is freezing cold (as it is now in the northeast). I'm a bit concerned with ending up with hazing or high spots.

Sounds like Soft 99 Fusso is actually a fluoropolymer (synthetic sealant) rather than a wax, like many other brands they just call it a "wax". I may try that next if the spray on ceramic coating options don't go as well. I figure if I use a spray on ceramic now, and I feel adventurous I can switch to the higher end ceramics you mentioned next year.