11-28-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
M2 CCO
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [8.75]
There are tons of spray on paint sealants that are very easy to apply and don't necessarily require all the up front paint prep. Of course the results will always be better if you prep the paint, but if you are just getting started and don't mind reapplying the coating every few months (depending on what product you use), sealants work just fine.

Personally I'm a fan of CarPro products and their spray sealant is called Reload. Also Gyeon has a few good products I've tried. Cure is their spray sealant and they also have Can Coat that is a small step above the sealant and not quite to the full coating type products. Can coat can still create high spots though if you aren't careful.

Lots of other good brands as well. Gtechniq, P&S Beadmaker are a few of the others I've tried as well.

If you hand wash your car yourself having a coated car, either sealant or full coating, is a game changer and makes the process so much easier. Bugs, road grime etc. come off so much easier.

A sealant will not protect against swirls, most of the swirls that occur in paint are as a result of the wash process employed. If you use a solid 2 or 3 bucket method and dry the car appropriately you should be able to limit the amount of swirls that occur. PPF will of course solve this problem also but it's quite costly depending on where you are. In Cali PPF can get crazy expensive.
Appreciate 2
amzbimmer299.50
jayh74843.50