View Single Post
      03-03-2021, 03:36 PM   #1
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Had a chance to go drive a manual G82 with the carbon bucket seats in Toronto Red.

Let's get the first thing out of the way. .....like many have said before the grilles in person work so much better than they look in pictures. I was the biggest skeptic about the grilles and I was pleasantly surprised that the car pulls them off. I still am hoping the LCI will bring changes to it but I have left the "I hate the grilles" camp after seeing in person.

Toronto red works really good on this car and I expect even better on G80. I was thinking of getting this color for wife's X3M but it jus did not work.

The carbon buckets are awesome. The support that they offer and how the look is just awesome. I am sure for long drives 4 hours or longer they could be an issue but them again so are the current F80 comp seats. When I replace the wife's X3M with this car it will get the carbon buckets.

Now performance. Right out of the gate I was not blown away at all with the S58 in this chassis when compared to the S55 in the F80. I remember driving the F80 when I had the E90 and the performance gap between the two was just huge. This time around the gap between the RWD G80 and current F80 is slim. The full potential of the S58 on this chassis will be unleashed by BMW in the AWD variant. The car I drove had the staggered wheels (275 up front and 285 in the rear PS4S). The car felt very planted and somehow even comfortable even over uneven roads. This is where I noticed the biggest difference between the F80 and G82. This car out of the box handles better than the F80/82....and somehow still managed to be more comfortable.

The interior fit and finish is a step up but probably the biggest difference is the carbon buckets and the bling they add.[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
SYT_Shadow11493.00
heavyD^23688.50
Scorp!on1514.50
Jcali861479.00
Dr.Deep1827.00
hz101171.00