Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
This is a US-only special edition

This is not a specialized forum. It's one of the largest BMW communities in the US. The opinion of the members here it's extremely valuable and important. I'll be shocked if the combined purchasing power from Bimmerpost members is not in excess of $1B.

It'll be illogical for BMW to ignore the opinion of loyal enthusiasts with such buying power.
While this is a vocal forum, I doubt that it is anywhere as large or as valuable as we would like to think we are. I suspect that vocal Bimmerpost members represent far less than 1% of BMW buyers in the US, let alone world-wide, and probably less than 2-3%% of BMW "enthusiasts."
I think the argument stops when one side thinks that out of 500,000 registered members and 2.5M visits per month, only 3,200 are BMW Buyers (1% of yearly BMW sales).

Do you think BMW and all the sponsored vendors here are fighting over just 3,000 potential customers?

Even if only 5% of Bimmerpost registered members actually owned BMWs and the 95% are non-BMW owners, that's already $1B in buying power at an average of $40,000 per vehicle. And I highly doubt only 5% of Bimmerpost members actually own BMW and the rest don't. That number is possibly much higher and this also excludes frequent lurkers that are not registered members.