Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3Cx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
I'll have to see if I can coax my wallet out of hiding. And thanks! I figured very few people have probably upgraded the way I did so they might like to see some direct comparison angles in a near-identical spec if they were considering either.

I will say that the M4 is absolute overkill and 90% of people will be VERY happy with the M440 as a daily driver even if they do track days on occasion. You really don't need the M4 unless you're doing more track days or your commute is through the twisties.

That being said, I think when it comes to "needs" vs "wants", if you're shopping for a BMW you've already tossed "needs" out the window. :P
You're welcome! And ya, it is cool to see the two, in almost identical specs side by side. I like the Tartufo in the M more than the color in the m440. More muted/luxe, IMO.

Haha, I totally agree, I was looking at m340's and I think that is an amazing car and a great balance but figured you know what, M3 has been my dream car, fortunate enough to do it, so I did it. And the power and Merino Leather alone made it so worth it.

Ha, could not have said that better myself, it is all about wants for sure!!

I wonder if the guy that was into your m440 ended up buying it from the dealer.