Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraNxien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraNxien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmercs View Post
I mean that depends on how you look at it. Some say this ain't no CSL, this is glorified GTS (I wish we'd get that with G82 too but oh well). I ain't nitpicking but for me, it just misses 6MT. At least we have the UPCOMING 3.0 CSL to cover that, which is based on this but still…
BMW did say in a PowerPoint slide (which has been in some other threads) they were retiring the GTS badge for CSL before they made this car but it was more a badge swap.

In the "CSL story", the M2 CSL had a cage and wing.

I think BMW ultimately just figured that people didn't want the best version of the final ICE M3/M4 to be a winged track-rat car. As the F80 GTS was very good but no one bought it. And when you look to Porsche, people always buy Tourings over winged cars.

I will say people love the way this car looks, I got tons of thumbs up, jaw drops from kids, etc when driving around this weekend.
R.I.P GTS
2010-2022
Was fun 12 years.

That said, I am glad they made this regardless. I can't wait for M3 CS.
The two GTSs were amazing cars, Catchpole said in the first issue of Werke, the only reason the e92 GTS looked so aftermarket is cause M sold the BMW board on the fact that it was just an options pack to get it approved (when it definitely was much more than that).

I know a few F80 GTS owners that loved their cars, but they lost a bunch of value that never came back. The front splitter, the manual suspension, the cage, the wing, the water injection system, it was just too much stuff that people never used it as a road car (so it was never coveted on the secondary market).

Despite what some of these reviews say, the CSL is definitely a really good road car (my wife and I took a 3 hr drive Saturday and our car has the manual buckets, we were both super comfortable). I'm sure the CS will be too.
Appreciate 5
PLF693766.00
KKSigs1267.50