United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 Xdrive

Garage List
2022 M4 Xdrive  [9.83]
2016 MINI JCW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntran90 View Post
No wait on allocation??? :O when did you order? I placed an initial deposit with Fairfax on May 18; five people were ahead of me at the time. I checked in yesterday with my sales person and was informed that the dealership only received 1 allocation this month for a base model.
On August 14, 2021, I walked in passport sterling and the SA practically had "take it or leave it" with 5th on the waiting list with 2k markup. They told me they would waive markup if I put down a deposit for allocation(it says I was looking at around Feb 2022). I just walked out.

On 2nd try, I returned to my old dealer, Silver Spring BMW; my SA was no longer working, and I had a new SA assigned to me. When I tried negotiating a discount for extra tax buying in Maryland, SA was willing to provide a 2k discount, but they had no current allocation. I was told the next allocation would be mine, but they cannot guarantee when they will get the next one.

I debated, called Alexandria, called it super luck, told me they had allocation, and I could take it if I came by the next day. I got to the dealer the next day; no hassle as they said they could do MSRP flat, explaining some of their SA do charge 2-3 k on M at their dealer.
No argument made a deposit, signed the contract, and my build was in the following week.

Unfortunately, the vehicle arrived at the port in early October due to a missing module. Still, I waited until the last week of December to finally pick up my M.

Given the current situation, I think I was super lucky as I've done my due diligence on every little detail to fight against markup, but in the end, nothing was needed.
Appreciate 0