View Single Post
      11-02-2021, 07:13 AM   #59
emix84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911; Mustang GT; RR Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
I think you mean traction control being fully off is only available in RWD mode?

I think you need the M Driver package if you want to have some traction adjustability with the AWD in RWD mode

Yes..confusing!
The quote is from this article:

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/bmw...ice-difference

Quote:
Because to get to 4WD Sport you have to disable the DSC stability control. Which seems daft to me. This is very much rear-drive. You will get proper slip angles and sweaty palms, but a better chance of saving yourself because the fronts – you’ll discover mid-slide – are also doing some work.
Also says this:

Quote:
4WD suits it. If it were me, I’d spec it. And it did feel notably different. I reckon this is probably down to the tyres and a bit of mechanical bedding in, but the 1000-miles-from-new 4WD car was snappier at the limit than Rowan’s 13,000-mile rear-drive car wearing half-worn Michelin Pilot Sport 4Ss. The 2WD might have had a little less bite, but it flowed better, the diff was calmer, more progressive – which actually made it harder to get some slip angle into. So there you go, the new M3 xDrive is more oversteer-ready than the rear-drive version. You heard it here first.
Appreciate 0