Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
This is exactly it. They remove it from the list of individual colors as they have not done the testing/certification on it for the various colors.
So how do I find out which colors have it certified? Will the dealer know at the time of ordering? I would hate to pick a color say Santorini or Java Green then realized my lane change is disabled months later.
Looking at the individual configurator, my guess is that this would apply to any color with a star next to it. If you look at the list of colors all those that are shown on there and are also on the normal BMW configuration site do not have a star next to them and thus would have been tested/certified.

Or perhaps I'm reading into that designation too much and the star simply means a non-standard color and comes with the normal individual wait times for builds. Not 100% sure since the site doesn't actually make note of what the star truly means.
I think it is only the core factory offering that would be certified. On other models besides M3/m4 you lose land change assistant with any individual paint.

@Mperor All in all it is not a core driver assist feature so personally I would not let this omission dictate color choice
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00