04-18-2021, 07:00 PM   #31
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
It's strange that BMW is now promoting Individual colors in press releases for new vehicles. A step too far? I mean, nothing wrong with promoting Individual, but it's confusing in this context, especially since they don't ever mention the name of the color, nor the Individual program. And then there's the list of standard available colors, all of which this car isn't.
I personally think it's great. Previously, we found out about the colors only from forum members. Considering most people aren't on forums, the program didn't touch as many people as it could have previously. Now with BMW heavily marketing the program in accessible literature, more people will be introduced to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinesWithSouls View Post
Can I ask a question, and I'm being genuine here.

On the E92, there was one engine power rating and just real wheel drive. Simple. Like every M3 before.

Now we're here. 2 power options, 2 transmissions, 2 drivetrain options. Doesn't it cost more to develop a platform that can handle all these options? Yes it does I know, but isn't there some weight penalty for engineering everything together?

Even on a stick car with RWD, aren't there some components that have to be shared, and thus over engineered for that base car?
Much of this was developed from the F8X, X3M and the prior/current M5. The hard work was largely done already.
Appreciate 0