Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PGH View Post
looks awesome
drove the G80 on couple of occasions
car handles very well and engine is special. Reminded me of mini M5
but AMG and M cars are not a substitute for Porsche ??
I have had 5 Turbo S's, GT3, and a few other variants of Porsche and a GTS now. Porsche is a special special brand and right now its possibly too special with no allocations of anything out there. I love Porsche but with car production at a standstill this is easily a choice I would not pass up especially at 86k

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckM View Post
The commitment issues started loongg before me my friend but I will accept just this one time, I had something to do with it.

What a freaking stunner though, the MSS kit along with the AR shade, that looks so so good. What's your feedback of the Zf8 in this chassis Vic compared to the other M cars you've had? Asking for a friend.
You are an enabler, the worst of the kind. The ZF8 is just fine, I have have many ZF's from Audi, Jag, Bentley, etc and BMW does the best job mating of proper software to go with the hardware from ZF. Its fine for regular world aggressive driving. I have now had 3 ZF M's and they dont leave me yearning for a DCT all too much. But the DCT is the better tranny of course; my R8 Performance shifts like no other except for my prior Porsche GT3 where the PDK level is elevated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLife View Post
This car is fucking sick!! Congrats man glad u got it. How u like awd vs rwd? Also was i right about rwd mode being similar to the rwd car? Not quite as light but hard to tell
I had wrote earlier about this--- its really hard to discern the difference. Maybe just the slightest change in steering feel but thats expected with the front drivetrain. The biggest and easiest thing to tell is the launch of course. As for driveability; I had some reasonable time (40 or so miles) to really open it up to around 13X and take into some high speed bends and sharp curves and didnt even realize it was the AWD version. You were right about the mode too in that regard.

I dont think Ive ever been disappointed with M but there are some rides that clearly have stood out for me personally: E39 M5, E92 M3, E63 M6, and now the G80 (ones Ive owned). I look at my M8 and then at the G80 and the G80 gets the nod more than half the time. Its just a more pleasurable drive. When I drive the M8 GC Comp with its piggy tune, it doesnt beg me to push it while the S58 makes want to redline the fucker LOL.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 09-18-2021 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
DS_BMW1603.00