Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
Yes, with a motor at each wheel.

It's nickname is "tank mode".
I'm pretty sure that's not a zero emission maneuver.
Par for the course for EVs, given their manufacture brings with it twice the carbon footprint than that of a typical ICE.
This is just plain wrong, reckless and irresponsible…what is your source for that BS?

https://climate.mit.edu/ask-mit/how-...ring-batteries

MIT is siting the EPA.
The Guardian ran an article a couple of months ago on the pros and cons of keeping an existing ICE vs buying a new EV, where comparative carbon footprints and impacts are concerned, and they mentioned the respective data for production. I'm all for EVs as an ecological solution, don't get me wrong. But the monodirectional advocacy of them at a time when we need multiple solutions across different national contexts and socioeconomic constituencies is open to debate. Unless one thinks that they really are the only solution, which is fine.
I personally think performance hybrids are the best bet right now until batteries improve, solid state batteries have some amazing potential, as someone mentioned earlier.

but the automotive industry seems to be moving 100% electric post haste.

I support it because electric cars are better for the environment.

Recycled Synthetic fuels are going to be interesting but without wide adoption and large scale manufacturing it will be difficult to distribute at an affordable price point.

Porsche is investing in it to keep their 911 alive. Which is fantastic but let's be honest it will likely be reserved for the super rich just like new 911s, have you seen the prices lately? Some dealership is trying to get 500k$ for a 992 turbo s! It's an amazing car but holy crap.
Appreciate 1
DavidXJ663.00